Wednesday 7 May 2014

Chanel : Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation : Under the scope

There's no denying that Chanel for me, provide the ultimate base for makeup so with the launch of Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation it was a no brainer.  No matter much I tried to resist it, we all knew it would end up in my basket at some point. I think it took a whole 4 days...


Vitalumière Aqua is my go to foundation, it's light coverage leaves your skin with a dewy complexion which feels like another layer of skin.  There's no evidence of a cake baked on your face.  How does the new Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation compare?  Having put it to the test for a couple of weeks I can now give you my lowdown on the latest foundation, which has everyone talking.
If you're looking for a foundation which does give you that healthy, glowing finish then this foundation isn't for you.  Chanel describe it as being a 'lightweight second-skin foundation. It naturally smoothes and evens out the complexion for a velvety matte makeup result.'  Their words ring true and I would completely agree.  It isn't a foundation that leaves your skin looking matte, cakey, it really does leave your skin looking and feeling, oh the feel, like velvet.  Just like VA, it is so light that cannot feel a thing on your face, except for how soft it is.  The staying power is also absolutely brilliant, and I have found it to be one of the longest lasting foundations in my collection, with no sweat. 

Before we go on to the product, let's take some time to admire the packaging.  Isn't it just beautiful?  In the same shape packaging as VA, but with a monochrome finish, and boy oh boy it looks so elegant and sophisticated.  I just love it.  The nozzle, also the same as VA, pretty nippy indeed, all you need do is squeeze the bottle to control exactly the amount you want on your face, simple as a, b, c.



Application, well this product itself is extremely runny, don't worry it won't make you chase after it.  You think VA is a liquid, then you meet Lumière Velvet, oh hi there.  Now is also a good time to mention that you should definitely shake the bottle before using it, as the product can begin to separate being hidden away.  However, I do still find myself applying this with my Real Techniques buffing brush or face expert brush rather than my fingers.  This, for me, it just what I prefer, if you prefer using your fingers, then work with what is best for you.  

Blob of VPL on hand


Slightly blended in to hand


Completely blended to hand


The only downfall I find with this product is that there are only 6 shades available in the range, (the same as VA).  If you are thinking of splashing out on this foundation then please get matched at your nearest Chanel counter rather than just going on a whim online, insert costly mistake comment.  However, if you already know your 'Chanel shade', then the good news is that the shades are same as the other Chanel basis.  For example, I'm usually B20 in VA, in PLV I'm still B20, easy peasy lemon squeezy.


But now it's time for that all important question, can it replace VA in my life?  The answer is unfortunately no.  For me, the days of having that matte appearance have been and gone, today it is for me, about that glowy finish.  Saying this, I don't think it leaves a completely matte appearance, the glow is still there, just not as much as VA.  Perfection Lumière Velvet would be the perfect foundation for those with oiler skin, where VA may not be the best option, this would tick the box in a big way.  





This isn't to say however that I won't be using this foundation, it won't be going to waste.  I do love the finish of this foundation and shall continue to use it because after all, there's always an occassion where a more matte foundation comes in handy...!



Available from Selfridges for £33, will this be a foundation you try out?


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...